View Single Post
  #2  
Old 06-08-2006, 10:16 PM
indieangler indieangler is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Posts: 384
Send a message via AIM to indieangler Send a message via MSN to indieangler
Default

I can blabber some guesses, but nothing is verified.

First off...Google Analytics uses JavaScript. I've been told that if a visitor has JavaScript disabled, then Google Analytics doesn't track them.

This still doesn't explain the large difference between Webalizer and Google Analytics. I'm not sure if Google Analytics even actually reads the raw web logs like most stat program do, or if it just tracks the visitors itself....you'll see a difference between Webalizer and Awstats too, just becase each of them interpret the raw logs differently. They both read the same log files but display the results differently, but I'm not sure if Google Analytics also reads the raw logs.

I can't really say which is more accurate though...Google Analytics vs. Webalizer....anyone else?
__________________
Blackjack Strategy
Reply With Quote