
When I play at home games of around 12-18 people we normally run two tables and the final 3 from each table go on to the final table.
As far as the chip values it might be easier to do
Chip A - .25 - 20 chips
Chip B - .50 - 10 chips
Chip C - 1.00 - 5 chips
Each player has more chips to play with and teh values are very easy to work with.
If they are not experienced players the smaller values may be much easier to manage. I would also suggest explaining the rules before you start that way everything is clear to all players.
When it comes to dealing if the players do not know what they are doing they will end up asking you about something or another every few minutes. If you have an experienced player dealing the other players can cut the deck to ensure fairness, still allowing the game to move along quickly. The blinds might want to be longer than 10 minutes, maybe more around 20 minutes because home games move much slower.
I think it is very important to explain all rules clearly and if possible type them up for all to see that way no one gets angry about certain situations that may arise such as: flashed cards during the deal, two players being knocked out same hand, acting out of turn, string betting.
I hope this helped - Patrick
__________________
|