View Single Post
  #1  
Old 05-10-2006, 10:51 PM
PokerMaster PokerMaster is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 618
Send a message via AIM to PokerMaster
Default

Hi
I would like some advice about setting up a poker night, I have never done this before, nor have I been to one.
I am planning to invite friends and friends of friends, I hope maybe 10-15 will participate in the poker aspect of the party.
I have a small appartment, a poker table top which seats 6, and a 500 chip poker set, (I am able to borrow a further 600 chips if necisarry. I would like to make this night as smooth running as possible. It is basically just for fun ($10 buy in) no profit from the actual night ect. None of my friends have really played poker before, and having never run a tournament before I have a few questions:
1. whats the best way of running this with 12 ppl and 1 table with 6 spaces?
2. who deals? silly question I know, (but should I have 1 good friend appointed dealer that is not involved in the game, or what?)
3. what would the starting chip amount be and do I have enough chips?
Any help would be most welcome
__________________
Poker Bonuses
Party Bingo Bonus Code
Top 10 Bingo
Titan Poker Bonus Code
Casino Bonuses
US Poker Bonus
Full Tilt Bonus Code

Reply With Quote