
Apparently you are not allowed to encourage people to gamble by offering them any incentives. Also general terms like "Play Poker" and "bonus offer" are not allowed.
Although it is still scetchy the adveetising standards authority recommend for publishers to play it safe by avoiding anything that could encourage people to gamble.
I've had trouble getting magazines to include my inserts and distribution companies to post my leaflets because of this.
Luckly I've found a few good students to pass on my leaflets. Lets hope I don't get a £5k fine!
"In the absence of clear case law, CAP urges marketers and publishers not to accept ads for remote gaming sites that advertise on anything other than an availability-only platform (e.g. “visit us on genericgambling.com”). The stakes are too high to hedge your bets on getting it right. So, if you don’t want to gamble on accepting illegal ads, check with GBGB (David Dowsett on 020 7306 6228 or Tom Kavanagh on 020 7306 6253)."
http://www.asa.org.uk/asa/search/sea...earch=gambling
http://www.cap.org.uk/cap/news_events/news...on+legality.htm
|