View Single Post
  #5  
Old 05-08-2006, 05:40 AM
scrawnybob scrawnybob is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 289
Default

cheers Nick and all for thoughts

I have been moving away from freeroll only formats recently

the trouble with codes / passwords or doing the email list to poker site is - time and hastle

the trouble with buy-ins is they seem suprisingly hard to get off the ground - even low ones.

IMHO most of the players out there are kids or morons (with a few exceptions of really committed players and most are signed up to just about everywhere already)

I'm not sure what the % is (id be interested what people think) of play money to real money players but AFAIKS all the poker sites are supporting 70% play to 30% real

Given that they do this on the basis that some will eventually convert I had been thinking the same approach for my forum members -

now I've got a higher posting requirement - I am frankly amazed at the lengths players will go to get into what is a two bit freeroll for peanut prizes

posting garbage, having secret password forums etc - why dont they just get there cards out and get on with winning or playing for real money ?

Added to this the general attitude and manners of these whores is depressing too.

Is it me or are things getting tougher and valuable players scarcer ?

anyway cheers for the help guys

scrawnybob - 4kingpoker.com
__________________
4kingpoker.com ... don't get bitter - get better Poker Forum

BadBeatorNot.com ... Poker Odds Calculator

MillionDollarPokerGuide.com ... Poker Guide & Directory

Scrawnybob's 4kingPoker Rants & Rambles ... Poker Blog
Reply With Quote