
Boarderman and themike,
First of all, I really do like your site. I remember a few months ago when you posted your review and it seems like you've made lots of improvments since then.
However, I want to elaborate on the SEO points that Scott mentioned. You definitely need to get rid of the Home link. It should say "Sit and go strategy" or "Sit and go poker", something to that effect. Basically, whatever your main keyword is.
Also, I've noticed that only a few of your pages have PR. What are your main entry pages for your traffic? If you are not getting any traffic directly to your reviews, maybe you should consider getting some links to internal pages and try to bulk up the PR of those pages. Article directories are sometimes a good source for one-ways into your internal pages.
I am just a little bit ahead of you. My site has been live for about 4 months and I can tell you, it is worth hanging in there. This month started out with a bang and hasn't let up. Here is my "history":
January - got 1 RMP at absolute from a WSOP satellite page (didn't make any money from him, though :angry: )
February - Nothing (a few sign ups, no conversions)
March - 1 RMP at paradise from that same WSOP page (this one cleared, though)
April - 2 RMPs at absolute, 3 RMPs at doyle's, 2 RMPs at tilt, 2 RMPs at Poker Heaven
As you can see, April has "blown up" for me. Now, I know that these numbers a very small compared to most people on this forum but I am also just starting out and I've posted this to keep you guys motivated. I have a full time job and a wife and a kid, so I've hardly been able to do what I would like to do with the site.
Oh and also, the majority of my traffic comes in through my review pages. I really don't have that much traffic, but it is all targeted and the bottom line is that's the traffic that converts.
Hang in there guys,
Mike
|