View Single Post
  #4  
Old 04-15-2006, 01:03 PM
Beanie Beanie is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 442
Send a message via AIM to Beanie Send a message via MSN to Beanie
Default

The funny thing about what you are saying is that you are correct but that is ultimately what the market may dictate. The more competitive an industry gets the less profits there ultimately always are. I could easily be an affiliate with 4 million in revenue all I had to do was do everything the same way everyone else did. Instead I found a way to use comps as a means of recruiting active customers from sites I don't promote to sites I do promote.

I did hear your question a lot "what if we all did it"-I have a staff of 4 people. I still may need more people to ultimately see my vision come true. I visualize a scenario where I am in contact with customers very regularly and my systems have provided me everyway possible to communicate. I just don't see that as a model everyone can emulate easily.

See-in essence you are right-as things exist currently there will be this great divide between rakeback affiliates and everyone else. I am saying if people use a model similar to mine they will certainly leave some sugar on the table but they will be able to look people in the eye when they talk to them.

While I don't agree with Karim (raketherake) about price fixing I do favor a system where executive hosts recruit active players and the site themselves administer the comp and take it directly from our percentage. I also favor no tiering at all. I believe all affiliates should be operating on the same playing field. Too much (or too little) does cause some of the great disparities that effect everyone.

All of that said-whatever the market is-I will need to adjust. As will everyone else.

When you say "justification-rationalization" it implies that I am apologizing or making an excuse. The people that need to apologize are the people that enforce the terms and condidtions for these sites. In that sense rakeback has done a better job policing people than anyone else. We need to take it a step farther if we are ultimately going to be a positive force in the industry. I certainly believe it is possible.
__________________
http://alwaysbluff.com
Reply With Quote