View Single Post
  #3  
Old 02-16-2006, 06:22 AM
CAZ's Avatar
CAZ CAZ is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 784
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by DJA1012@Feb 16 2006, 03:48 AM
I've really been thinking about taking up poker full time. I feel like my poker playing is the best its ever been. The main thing holding me back is a very limited bankroll. Right now I don't really have enough time to play satellites and qualifiers on the internet during the week because of my job (plus I'm not very fond of the seemingly unrandom turn of the cards on online poker). I feel like this would besomewhat of a risky thing for me to do, but at the same time I feel I could really accomplish a lot in the poker world if given the chance. Any advice would certainly help.
I’ve been in the casino industry (poker specifically) for almost 15 years. I have seen very, very few people succeed in the long run. There are a ton of short term winners (few years at best) who then get way over confident and then everything goes downhill. The discipline required for long term success is beyond that of which most are capable of. The odds are against you, and that is if you play live.

The fact that you want try this playing online just exponentially multiplies those bad odds, you are already short bankroll, and don’t trust the sites (“unrandom turn of cards”).


It’s a lot harder than you could imagine making even 50k a year playing poker, especially considering you don’t have the bankroll to withstand the fluctuations or limits you would need to play to do so.

You very well may be able to accomplish a lot in the poker world, but most likely not as a player. Focus your energy elsewhere, as an affiliate, web designer etc.
try to build a residual income, you can never get that from playing poker, you have to work for every dollar every day.

Dont mean to be a stick in the mud, but its an honest opinion.
__________________
RakeKiller... its your money, get some back
Poker Rakeback Calculator
Are YOU a player?
Reply With Quote