View Single Post
  #4  
Old 01-27-2006, 08:39 PM
GoodKarmaKid's Avatar
GoodKarmaKid GoodKarmaKid is offline
Poker Player & Promoter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bocas Del Toro, Panama
Posts: 331
Send a message via Yahoo to GoodKarmaKid Send a message via Skype™ to GoodKarmaKid
Default

I guess I didn't articulate my point that well. Obviously, If you have an affiliate account it isn't that big of deal to create a players account.

I was speaking mostly of the end user-potential player. I don't think the end user/potential player should have to create an account just to look around at the software or a website for that matter.

Drawdead, you don't require vistors to your website to register to look at your site do you? How is this any different? Why should you have to give up your email address just to look around? How is it any different than a store? Why wouldn't you want people to look around and see what you have to offer?

Another example is this forum. I'm guessing this board probably has 3 or 4 times more guest viewers (non registered users) than registered users. If Jeremy required people to register for an account just to view it, he would effectively be limiting the potential exposure the site has by as much as 300% or more.

RE: the screenshots. I like to have fresh screen shots that accurately portray the current version of the software and are unique different than everyone elses screenshots. It's not acceptable to just go to pokerlistings or some other big site and borrow their screenshots.

I think more harm comes than good by requiring users to register/leave an email just to view/software or web pages. Don't get me wrong I want their email address just like the next guy or company but I don't want to miss the opportunity to get the email voluntarily instead of in a mandatory fashion.


Jason
__________________
Promote Poker | Poker Blog - "I'm Not Lucky, I have Good Karma!"

"Money can't buy happiness, but neither can poverty." Leo Rosten (1908- )
Reply With Quote