View Single Post
  #1  
Old 01-26-2006, 12:22 AM
GoodKarmaKid's Avatar
GoodKarmaKid GoodKarmaKid is online now
Poker Player & Promoter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bocas Del Toro, Panama
Posts: 331
Send a message via Yahoo to GoodKarmaKid Send a message via Skype™ to GoodKarmaKid
Default

Hi I am getting ready to launch a new website and was considering Poker.com as one of the programs that I was going to promote.

As part of my prep for the website I have been downloading screenshots of both games and the lobbies of the various card rooms I will promote.

I hate sites that won't even let you look at the lobby or the games without registering an account. Really low-budget in my opinion. You are basically saying, we are so desperate for your email address that we won't even let you look at our site until you give it to us.

The only other site that I can think of with mandatory registration before even being able to look at the site is True Poker and I feel the same about that site.

I think you should reconsider your policy and allow (potential)players to take a look at your lobby and poker games without having to register.

A Good analagy would be to say that you have a store that sells chocoloate, but you have the windows Tinted black and someone standing at the door saying, "Sorry unless you want to give us your address you can't look at our chocolate, even if you might buy something" Doesn't make much sense if you think about it.

Jason

Edit: I guess you aren't alone, you can add PokerRoom.com and PacificPoker.com to the list of Poker rooms that won't let you look at the games unless you register.
__________________
Promote Poker | Poker Blog - "I'm Not Lucky, I have Good Karma!"

"Money can't buy happiness, but neither can poverty." Leo Rosten (1908- )
Reply With Quote