View Single Post
  #5  
Old 03-16-2005, 12:03 PM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Richardb,


Believe me I'm not a slots player, it's kind of a cool story though:


I went to Vegas with 7 other guys and it was our last day there. We stayed at the Stardust cause some of my buddies are cheap :P ,sorry fellas..........never again unless your into senior citizens. I saw more oxygen bottles and wheelchairs than I would at the UNLV medical center.

Anyways, it was our last day there and I was hungover as can be. We spent the entire day before getting murdered at the 5-10 NL at the Palms. I think the locals took us for over $2K collectively. I am fairly certain it was 6 against 2. I have never seen so many straddles, check raises, reraise to the initial raiser to knock me out, only for the initial raiser to fold and chuckle. You get the point.

So I did what any other guy would do who just got rolled for over a grand by locals. We hit the strip clubs and dropped a few more bucks Then we ended up getting heavily intoxicated and got back to the room around 6 A.M. When we woke up around noon we decided to have lunch and play a little more as we were leaving Vegas that night.

My buddy "Schweddy" suggested P.F. Changs at the Alladin. At first I just wanted a greasy burger somewhere but then reluctantly agreed. After lunch we decided to play our last few hours at the Aladdin. I was kind of drained from poker the day before so I spent a few hours playing Caribbean Stud and Roulette.

We were about ready to leave so I strolled into their poker room to find my buddies. One of the guys I was with was having a nice rush and asked for about 15 more min. No problem I thought so I strolled over to the high limit slot room right next to the poker room. Usually I am good for about 5 pulls of the hundred dollar slots throughout my trips in Vegas if I am up. (retarded and stupid, I know)

I figured what the hell I'd drop a few bucks into the $5 slots. So I found a Ten Times Pay machine and dropped $100 into it............nothing, I dropped another $100 into it and was down to my last 2 credits, I was gonna leave after that....well, maybe

The reel spun TenTimesPay, TenTimesPay, Triple Bar. I knew I won something decent so I looked up at the payouts and initially thought I won $3K. I let out a "hell ya"..........I was the only one in the entire high limit room. Well anyways I called my buddies on the cell to to tell them about my big $3K win as I was sitting there waiting for an attendant.

I've never been very good with math so I continue to sit there and start looking at the machine and see it says 6000 credits!!!! I look up at the payouts again and realize that if you get 2 TenTimePay's that it pays 100 times the triple bar. HOLY SHIT.........my hangover was instantly gone. I jumped out of the chair and started pumping my fists. My buddy said he heard me from the poker room. I then ordered a cocktail from the waitress and tipped her $100. I guess I thought I was a baller at that point.

Then to put the icing on the cake as we are all having a celebration drink at the bar and my buddy decides to play the $1 wheel of fortune machines. He promptly loses $40. My other buddy Todd says why don't you give it a shot Mr. Lucky, so I put in 20......hit the wheel on the second spin, the wheel spun and landed on a 1000......I split that amongst all the guys. What an amazing experience. When it rains it pours.

In the big scheme of things though with all my Vegas trips I am probably about even :P :P.....................Don't tell my wife :lol:
Reply With Quote