
I also found that comical. I appreciate the backlink though as the forum is now experiencing record traffic numbers.
I really have no desire to waste my time or breathe arguing with poker players who have no concept of what a proffessional poker affiliate does for a living, but I will throw in a few thoughts.
I have publicly stated that I do not offer rakeback, however for each their own. If you are an ethical affiliate and follow the terms and conditions of a program that offers rakeback then knock yourself out. I certainly can empathize with why a more experienced or higher limit player would want to take advantage of it.
But do not call me a scum sucking parasite because I am not willing to break the terms and conditions set forth by the card room that I have decided to partner with. When that is my livlihood, I will not take that risk.
It is comical to see poker players whining about an affiliate not giving rakeback. Okay Mr. Fellow Poker Player how about the fact that I spend $1000's of marketing dollars each month to find new players for these sites. If you have an incredible killer session on your first experience, are you going to ship me some of my marketing dollars back as a thank-you? Likewise I am like anyone else, I'm in business to make money. My business provides a marketing service to the poker sites and I expect to be paid accordingly by those sites.
Saying poker affiliates are scum sucking parasites because we do not give rake back is an extremely uneducated and ignorant statement. When your searching for a flight on the internet, let's say you follow an Expedia banner somewhere and subsequently book your reservations. Do you then go back to the original site and ask for a portion of that webmasters commission?
Likewise if you sit in a B&M card game all day and realize you just dumped $100 into the rake, do you go to the card room and demand a portion back?
|