One mistake I made myself in the past is:
If you're running more than one site and see that a particular site really takes off. Don't give all of your attention to that site. You still need to pay attention to your other sites. Though they may not be producing like your top sight at the moment, they could take off at any given time. Once viewers see that information isn't being updated on a regular basis, they'll leave and it's hard to get them back. Someone may mention your site to them and they'll say they were already there and weren't satisfied.
I know this first hand. I've made sure that I now keep my other sites up to date. Hopefully I can get some of the previous viewers back. If they check the site out again I'm sure they'll like it, but getting them to come back is the hard part.
|