Quote:
Originally posted by adioking@Aug 1 2005, 12:10 AM
Tell him to do it the right way. I would be pissed if he copied everything. You did the work and your content is original. Both of you will be punished by the SE's for that because of the copied content. I would be especially upset if he isn't even your subaffiliate and just went ahead and did it because of the money. Some friend he is.
I have a friend who wanted to start an affiliate site so I told him that we would "do it the RIGHT way." He just wanted to copy all my info and paste it with other people's info, but I told him to just look at my paychecks when they come in the mail and believe what I tell him. He kept wanting to make banner farms so I insisted that he "not reinvent the wheel" and just listen to me. Now his site is gaining popularity and we are off to a fantastic start!
Try to do this with your friend and you shall BOTH be successful.
dAn |
He actually made a point to not register as a sub-affiliate under me. He wanted to partner with me after I had taken all the risk of starting up the website and stuff. I told him that I didnt need his help. So he went ahead and did this. He is actually pretty ignorant and will never be able to succeed at this, but like it was said, all this can do is hurt my image and SEO. I dont know what I should do. The more I think of it, the more it pisses me off. I wish I had kept my mouth shut and never said anything about my website. What can be done about this. I mean I cant go copy "cardplayer.com" and call it "mywebsite.com" and steal there competion, can I?