Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums

Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/)
-   Search Engine Optimization (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/search-engine-optimization/)
-   -   Over-Use of Keywords (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/search-engine-optimization/8802-over-use-keywords.html)

Graham 02-12-2007 02:14 AM

Over-Use of Keywords
 
I recently read somewhere that over using keywords in the content of the page can have a negative affect on SEO.

For example if you had a page:

SiteX.com/dog-collars.html


Then you had Dog Collars written say 20 times in the content. What I read is that it is better to only have it around 3-4 times, plus in the H1 tags and title. Does anyone know anything about this, or if this is complete B.S.?

Nick0r 02-12-2007 02:26 AM

That's just common sense. Standard onpage SEO is not about spamming (unless you're a blackhat), it's about writing good content and integrating a few key phrases. Mentioning the exact same keyword 20 times in an article is crazy 99.9% of the time.

Graham 02-12-2007 02:34 AM

I understand that, but sometimes you need to use the same keyword over and over. Would that be negative?

PokerProp 02-12-2007 02:51 AM

Depends on density.
If you have a huge page covering everything about XYZ Poker
You might say XYZ poker 15 times on that page. If it is surrounded by a ton of other content where it is not spammy it shouldn't be a problem.

Graham 02-12-2007 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PokerProp
Depends on density.
If you have a huge page covering everything about XYZ Poker
You might say XYZ poker 15 times on that page. If it is surrounded by a ton of other content where it is not spammy it shouldn't be a problem.


Thats exactly what I meant. Thanks!

boarderman23 02-12-2007 06:26 AM

You're right about having too many keywords on a page. I have heard several sources, but I believe anywhere from 2-5% is prime.

edmc 02-12-2007 07:43 AM

Once in a paragraph seems more than enough.

I'll write a page and throw it up, then do a little tweaking later.

I found with trial & error that over optimzing will lower your rank.

6 or 7 times in a decent sized page seems ample.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0