Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums

Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/)
-   Search Engine Optimization (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/search-engine-optimization/)
-   -   2 links to the same page (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/search-engine-optimization/8713-2-links-same-page.html)

edmc 02-05-2007 08:18 PM

2 links to the same page
 
If I have 2 links to say pokerafiliateworld.com/edmc.html

both are directing to the same page.

does it count as 2 links if different anchors are used?

does it count as 1 link with additional keywords?

does the 2nd link get ignored as a duplicate link?

Nick0r 02-05-2007 08:32 PM

A wise wise man gave me the following advice when I was a beginner at SEO:

"Well no. There just is no point in having multiple links to your home page on each of your pages, and having different anchor text to the same link on the same page is never good. Obviously if you had 100 links on a internal page to your main page, with 100 different bits of anchor text, no search engine is going to give you credit for 100 links nor 100 bits of anchor text. 99 of the links will just be ignored, and it is anybody's guess which anchor text (if any) they will give you credit for from that page."

That is absolutely rock solid!

boarderman23 02-07-2007 12:01 PM

Great quote...that helps to answer a few questions.

casinos-right 02-10-2007 12:47 PM

In homepage of www.onlinexcasinos.com thera are 2 link two links with the same anchor text to same page ( that is Homepage )
what is anchor text ? online casinos

However not only in my website thera 2 or or more links to same page from same page.

In website onlinexcasinos.com one link is putted up and one in bottom of pages.

It is not good to write two links to same page too near.
ex. Poker Poker

Don't worry poker.com is not good but it is not negative.

edmc 02-10-2007 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casinos-right
In homepage of www.onlinexcasinos.com thera are 2 link two links with the same anchor text to same page ( that is Homepage )
what is anchor text ? online casinos

However not only in my website thera 2 or or more links to same page from same page.

In website onlinexcasinos.com one link is putted up and one in bottom of pages.

It is not good to write two links to same page too near.
ex. Poker Poker

Don't worry poker.com is not good but it is not negative.



" Poker Poker " That is your anchor. Its just the text pointing to your link

edmc 02-10-2007 03:19 PM

OK so you cannot have to links to the same page.

Here's the twist.

Can you have..................

http://www.poker.com
http://poker.com
http://poker.com/index.html

3 different pages, all considered homepage

casinos-right 02-11-2007 02:48 AM

yes.

I use the same url for the both links with the same anchor text.
I don't know if it is better to have 2 link to same page but with different url.

I am not very expert.
__________________
Online Casinos
Casino Directory

boarderman23 02-11-2007 06:51 AM

So, does it hurt much for SEO if you need to use different anchors on a page? Or same anchors on the same page but a little different on another page?

For example - If I use an anchor link on the left nav bar "Poker Reviews" and then in content I link to the same page in an article, but it reads something different to go along with the article, is that ok?

casinos-right 02-11-2007 03:21 PM

yes it is perfect : very thank you.

this is ironic :
Now I wait that my website is first here.
( I think : I must wait too time ........ )


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0