Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums

Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/)
-   Search Engine Optimization (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/search-engine-optimization/)
-   -   numbers in a domain???? (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/search-engine-optimization/7726-numbers-domain.html)

Justin 11-27-2006 02:06 PM

numbers in a domain????
 
I was thinking about this today... say I wanted to get a keyword rich domain, but all of the domains were taken with those keywords. Does adding numbers to a domain look bad to the search engines?

Ex. keyword : online poker

use onlinepoker333.com


I know a few big sites have numbers in them, such as Gambling911, so I dont know how big of a deal it is when your main focus would be SEO.

adioking 11-27-2006 02:27 PM

Not any different than having any other regular domain. However, you gain a huge advantage if you can get the EXACT domain. From my experience, onlinepoker.com would be WAY better than onlinepoker333.com. However, onlinepoker1.com would have the same value as onlinepoker333.com, but keeping it shorter might have a little bit more of an advantage to it.

Anybody else have opinions on this?

PPP 11-27-2006 07:11 PM

Numbers don't hurt you.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0