|
Will my website get Google PR in December?
Fellow PAW members,
I have introduced myself a few months ago, and since then things have drastically changed for me and my website. Almost daily, I try to do some kind of work. Development, research, SEO, you name it. You should know that I am not a professional Affiliate, and that I am definitely a new kid on the block in this business. I do this next to my regular job, and of course my wife and son. ;) Past October, when Google updated it’s PR database, they didn't rank my website. I was looking forward to that day, so when I read that many of you were receiving higher PR's, I was a little disappointed. I now know that it was just a little bit to early to be expecting something. Anyway, that didn't stop me from trying to create a successful Poker Affiliate site, so I kept on working. Today, I am still (a little) disappointed by the visitors, and the ROI. Though, I know that I have to be patient and that it will be better if I keep working on it as the past few months. I am not asking for a website review, but just an opinion. Do you think that I am on the right track, and that my website will be awarded with Google's Page Rank coming December? I am always looking for advice, so if you post Yes or No, please let me know why you think so. Let this thread grow to become a good reference for all of us. Greetings, Giorgio / Poker For Free |
Hi,
Your site looks very good and you have a fair amount of content. You should get a PR for sure this go 'round. I'd suggest only the following if you haven't done so already. 1. A google map of your site, this will ensure that google crawls all of your pages. 2. Plenty of inbound links from higher PR sites. I'm sure you know this already but wanted to mention it regardless. Other than that, considering the age of your site you should get some sort of PR. Have you tried using a PR prediction tool? |
Hi, Thanks for the quick reply! I update my Google sitemap about every time I add a new page. At this point I also have almost all of my pages indexed, so I can't complain about that. The inbound links are quite a problem though. I see that many sites with higher PR don't want to exchange links. I now have about 50+ inbound links, and try to get a few per week. I think people will swap sooner when I actually show that I have PR. Hope more PAW's will react. I believe everything said can be of some kind of help for me, or the community. Kind regards, Giorgio PS. Anyone willing to exchange links with a future PR (something) site, please send me a PM. :) Edit: Georgia, can you recommend a PR Prediction Tool to me?
|
Deleted: Something weird happening when I post... (No line breaks somehow.)
|
Quote:
I highly suggest purchasing a few quality inbound links each week/month (depends on your schedule and budget) from higher PR sites. You can check the Affiliate Exchange area here and other sites like CAP and SitePoint for other good link offers from credible webmasters. Two way links are nice but it's good to "counter" those with solid one way links that appear natural to the search engine. Google will give more weight to a solid one way (inbound) link from a quality site than if it were a two way link swap. Hope this helps |
Hi.
I like your site, and I think you will get some PR next update. I'll exchange links with you; I'm not bothered about PR. I'll use the form on your site. Perhaps you should consider pointing your link exchange to your home page? Some pagerank predictors. Don't know how good they are. http://www.seochat.com/seo-tools/future-pagerank/ http://www.rustybrick.com/pagerank-prediction.php |
Future PR tools are junk. And who's to say that the toolbar will even be updated in December?
|
Unfortunately, the PR predictions are not working for my site as well. I believe that it will be December, since last time was October and they update about once every three months. Could also be the beginning of January, but they we're quite early last time... We'll see... Peace, Giorgio
|
Quote:
Not true... they do it randomly. Sometimes 1 month, sometimes 5, and it may depend on other variables too (how new your site is etc.) |
| All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:28 AM. |
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0