Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums

Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/)
-   New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/new-affiliate-q-site-reviews/)
-   -   Hyphens and underscores (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/new-affiliate-q-site-reviews/8912-hyphens-underscores.html)

kaus 02-19-2007 12:24 PM

Hyphens and underscores
 
Another noob question. I want to have a main page for the forum however prior to creating the forum I never thought about looking up other sites with the same domain name. Of course mine has been used. I don't want to have a different name as this can confuse others, so if I am registering a domain name can I use a hyphens?

edmc 02-19-2007 01:35 PM

If you are unsure, just type it in. They will instruct you whether or not you are using the correct format for the domain name

dbirider 02-23-2007 01:25 AM

Hyphens are always better for url structure. google will treat an underscore as part of the word while hyphens are treated like spaces. example: compare the results for a search for poker_sites and poker-sites


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0