|
GamingCrunch - Opinions on my Site?
Hi All, just started a new site (gamingcrunch.com) and wanted to get some opinions and let everyone know about it. Basically its like a Digg style site for everything to do with online and offline gaming. Users can post and vote for various news stories that are posted to the website. It's also a great way to promote your poker site (for affiliates) by posting a link to an article on your poker site. I have already put some articles up to get it going that link to some of the members on this sites websites. I haven't enabled the restricted voting yet so if anyone wants to register and link an article it will definetely hit the front page even with one crunch. Anyways, your thoughts, opinions and input is appreciated. Also, can anyone think of any more categories? Thanks and I look forward to some feedback.
|
Excellent
|
Looks good, nice and clean. I'd bold the headers of stories on the index page, and do something to cut down on all the white space, maybe a light background, or even just a border around the main part.
Would also dump the 160x600 banner, and get a 120x600. I don't think it fits in very well. |
Thanks for the suggestions, I am going to try to find a nice banner and play around to bold the story titles, also will change the banner. Thanks DealerDan.
|
I do like the site. The design and idea are fantastic. Nice work! :)
|
Great site. I like the preview pane before you click on the link. I think that this is a great idea and that you should make sure this gets translated into other languages besides english.
Great Idea! SmackDog |
Thanks again for the feedback, I will see about getting the site put into other languages, that would definetely be a good feature, just have to see how difficult it will be.
|
great concept, just focus on all types of casino/poker games and you should have more than enough categories to keep the content flowing.
|
Oh one other thing, I'd make the header more noticeable, possibly expand it more. Right now all eye focus is on the stories, which while good, loses brand recognition. And as all articles lead to another site, it could cause a user to forget about your site especially if they didn't bookmark it.
Also I didn't notice it anywhere, but the ability to subscribe via RSS etc would be nice. |
| All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:23 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0