|
Barney Franks New Bill
Not as great as I thought...maybe it has a better chance now?
Quote:
|
I think that's great. First you have companies that are not going to be setting up shop and than uprooting during the middle of the night anymore with everyone's money going with them. I am assuming they will also be made accountable for making sure people do get paid. The only thing I think is that these fess that they will encounter could be passed of to other people (affiliates)
I don't think lifting the ban completely could be possible. Obviously they have thier reasons for it being there to begin with. This at least is a comprimise and stands a greater chance of being passed. |
This amazes me.
In summary of what it written above - it's basically just adding a get-out clause to the UIGEA as long as the gambling company pay the US government a 2% tax (or "license fee"). What I also find strange is it says the 2% is on deposits not profits or even revenue (rake). Surely a % of deposits could get very expensive? I'm afraid this won't endear the US to the rest of the world, as from what I can see it just confirms the original suspicions that the rest of the world had that the US just wasn't happy at the revenue going outside the country to offshore companies, and want a way to get a piece of the pie. |
What sucks about this whole thing is that it could have been avoided. If in fact that it does get passed and taxed than this could easily have been resolved without taking away the US players right to play.
If a plan was set forth first for regulation than implemented to the rooms letting them know that if they want the US players than they need to abide by it. I don't think any of this had to take place. Obviously they did their research prior to the ban and instead of finding ways to stop it they should have found ways to work with it. I do have a question for the AM's if they read this thread. How are the rooms going to handle these players again when/if the doors are reopened? Are the players going to be able to reopen the same account under the same trackers or will they be opening new accounts? |
Quote:
Mark |
http://www.house.gov/apps/list/press...nandanswer.pdf
Good read |
Alot of them closed everything down...no entry at all from US players. I wonder what the response from these players will be if they can once again choose where they want to play. I know many were not happy with the way they were treated once the ban took place. Should be interesting to see if this takes place how the poker rooms will try to get these players back
|
Quote:
Regards, Mark |
I think this brings a whole new element and that is allowing US based online gambling. This is what we, at least I, have been waiting for. Getting the land based casinos or even whoever to operate within the US. For us US affiliates that would be nice and the rest of world still has all rooms that exsist and these new rooms.
It's start in the right direction at least. I hope to soon be pushing Wynn's online casino...:) |
| All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:38 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0