Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums

Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/)
-   General Poker Affiliate Discussion (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/general-poker-affiliate-discussion/)
-   -   pokerstrategy (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/general-poker-affiliate-discussion/9860-pokerstrategy.html)

checkingout 04-24-2007 04:34 PM

pokerstrategy
 
anyone familiar with this place, seems like they are convincing players to close accounts and open new ones under them. I know pp is investigating but thats according to them. Wasnt closing accounts to open new ones under someone else against their policy?

edmc 04-24-2007 05:31 PM

If you are talking about PAW. its is completely different. Affiliates recruit players on Pokernews deals through PAW trackers, they still have the option to advertize sites they would otherwise have ignored. PAW gives the option to some members who are stuck on MGR who would like the flexability of both. Ask the sites, not PAW.

Jeremy 04-24-2007 05:35 PM

I think he is referring to a poker strategy site and is referring to players not affiliates. Can you give more details checkingout?

If he were referring to PAW, it is doubtful he would start the post here on PAW with, "Anyone familiar with this place".

edmc 04-24-2007 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy (Post 54676)

If he were referring to PAW, it is doubtful he would start the post here on PAW with, "Anyone familiar with this place".

in my defenc/se its a UK thing (maybe just glasgow).

If you want a link to his point, I'll give you a good one. And apologies for jumping in.

checkingout 04-24-2007 08:02 PM

Was referring to poker strategy, they have been instructing some players to close accounts on PP in order to re-open with them. Party was advised but they want specific links to forums where they specifically lure other players. I doubt anyone would openly post that, if they know the players old account and see they closed it just to create a new one for poker strategy, IMO that should be enough. Its not even about sanctions on poker strategy, its about linking the player to the person/company who first brought the player to the site.

PPP 04-24-2007 08:18 PM

What site are you talking about?

Dave 04-24-2007 11:24 PM

poker strategy dot org I guess?

mrnoise 04-25-2007 04:56 AM

I am pretty sure he talks about pokerstrategy.org.uk
They give out free money and teach players how to play (FL) Poker.
They only do business with Party and i am sure they are Partys biggest affiliate.
They have tv commercials and a lot of employees

And yes, they teach players to close accounts and reopen new ones, they have their own refer a friend program and their players spams all (german) poker forums.

After a successfull start in germany they try to bring their product in other countrys.

Beware:p

checkingout 04-25-2007 02:26 PM

Yes that is the one. I guess its acceptable to party because it is a big affiliate.

Jeremy 04-25-2007 03:53 PM

Quote:

Yes that is the one. I guess its acceptable to party because it is a big affiliate.
Hmmmm I would doubt that. I know the guys at Party and I doubt they would want to pay out commissions twice, especially at their rate.....

But who knows, I will talk to them at CAC in regards to this if you want.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0