|
Some changes in the forums - suggestions please
With the extremely successful launch of our PAW Affiliate Network we have decided to phase out paid advertising (A.K.A. Sponsored Programs) At one time this was a great business model for us, however moving forward we would rather partner with both the affiliate programs as well as our affiliates. This is a win/win for everyone versus fixed rate ads in the current market state.
This has always been a site that is driven by the opinions and thoughts of its members, and I wish to keep it that way. With that said I am open to suggesstions. As you can see, there are currently many forums for programs that are not on our network and for all practical purposes are inactive anyways. 1. We need to eliminate many forums. Should we keep individual forums for rooms on our network and set up one general forum for all other programs? Even if a room is not on our network we still want the AM's and programs to be welcome and participate here. 2. Or would you prefer one general forum for all other rooms with sub-forums. Keep in mind, this would probably end up with every large and small room in the industry requesting a sub-forum. And in reality this will result in tons of non active forums. 3. Another option would be to have 2 forums. One for our network rooms and one for all others. Please share your thoughts, they are very important to us and we want to act in the best interest of our members and no one else. Jeremy, Gaz, Marius |
I'd say rid of the individual forums. There are way too many and few posts in each. Much easier if there was one forum for direct question to poker room reps and one (as there is) to ask questions about the PAW network (rooms).
|
What about having a single forum, but limiting the creation of new threads to admins only and you set up 1 thread per affiliate program (for example there is a single thread for "Absolute Affiliate Program"). That way the AM can subscribe to the thread and receive an email notification whenever there is a post. The threads would be kind of off topic and wouldn't flow too well, but as long as there weren't a ton of posts, that shouldn't be too big of a problem. But I think it is important to set it up in such a way where an AM would get notification about a new post as most probably will not stay on top of it otherwise and those specific room forums/threads are fairly worthless if the AMs are not responsive.
|
I think it would be a good idea to condense the old sponsored forums into one large forum that would be essentially a "catch all" forum, and each PAW aff. program having a seperate forum.
There is a lot of dead space right now and that is a good way to clean it up. The only thing is if all other programs are in one forum, there is the possibility for it to get flooded with different issues and a bit confusing. If that happens it would be a good idea to add sub forums for each program, or as ResIpsa said designate one thread for all topics for that program. |
I think one forum called "Poker Room Communication" or something like that would be sufficient rather than individual forums for each site.
|
Yea get rid of the many forums I never look at. Only a few have AM's that check them out any way.
I like 2 forums: 1 forum for PAW affiliates and the other for non PAW affiliate programs. |
A single forum with sites having their own individual thread should be enough & maybe a sticky for latest announcements.
PAW network to have a few forums to cover various issues without having to dig too deep |
As an AM that regularly posts in the Sunpoker room forum, I would vote for keeping individual room forums. I regularly post updates about what is going on with the poker room and quality news items that affiliates can use for their sites.
I do understand there are many rooms that do not regularly post, but that is up to them. Obviously the decision rests with the majority and the best business model moving forward for PAW, but I personally would still like to see individual poker room forums. Mark |
I agree with Mark above.
Just divide it between PAW AFFILIATE NETWORK PROGRAMS and OTHER POKER AFFILIATE PROGRAMS. |
Thanks for the suggesstions, please keep them coming....... I do think we need to allow rooms on our network such as SunPoker their own forum. This is part of the value for them of being on the network, plus it allows us to provide better customer service to our affiliates.
In respect to the rest of the industry, let's keep discussing that one. I definatley am not going to give every room their own forum though as thiis will result in 100+ dead forums. I like the thread idea, however that could result in 8 different converstations going on in one thread. Could get confusing, either sub-forums, or like Graham said, one simple forum for Poker Room Communications. Since we are here full time, if we see a thread that is pertinent to another room we can always ring or email the AM. Although any good A.M. in the industry should be monitoring all the authorithy message boards. PAW, CAP, GPWA. |
| All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:15 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0