Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums

Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/)
-   General Poker Affiliate Discussion (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/general-poker-affiliate-discussion/)
-   -   Go Bears - May Manning Rot In Hell! (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/general-poker-affiliate-discussion/8692-go-bears-may-manning-rot-hell.html)

corpfan1 02-04-2007 01:45 PM

Go Bears - May Manning Rot In Hell!
 

AceHigh Pino 02-04-2007 01:49 PM

Peyton and DirecTV for life! Colts by 17...plz ship it crucial.

That is all.

TJ

losercore 02-04-2007 02:11 PM

Manning and The Colts by 10.

Manning's year baby

pokerpatduck2 02-04-2007 03:54 PM

Screw the Bears and their terrible fans. Go COLTS!

edmc 02-04-2007 04:45 PM

Is this thread in the wrong section?

I vaguely remember the game when I was over in the States.

American football originated from the mans game, rugby.
They took their name from football, known as soccer in the US but they actually use their feet to control the ball, possibly why it is known as "Football"

In America the game "football" is really a game of catch. Commonly played in the UK by 12 year old schoolgirls in the school playground. Their 2nd favorite game is Hop Scotch, closely followed by skipping.

Although American Football is a copy of Rugby, Americans had to put a twist to the rules & call it their own. They now have a world champoinships, only played in America, by Americans. Soccer as they call it, has widespread appeal. They even have their own World Cup, played by countries all over the World, including America (but they are crap because they prefer to play catch).

On to the rule changes............

The players, known as jock's because of their manly status amongst their peers must wear sissy tights & do the Hop Scotch every time the score a touchdown.

At rugby the players use a gumshield for protection. The WA (wifes association) pushed this rule.

In American Football, they must wear crash helmets, incase they trip over. They also have to wear lots of pads. Im not sure of the direct translation. I think it is known as fanny pads.

I thought I would offer a brief history of the game because this is an International forum & most non-Americans prefer mens sports

SmackDog 02-04-2007 04:59 PM

Well, I'm off to watch the greatest debauchery in American Sports. Yes, the Super Bowl Party!

this event is held annually at homes around the US and includes the following:

1. Getting Hammered on the hosts beverage of choice, usually beer and/or whiskey.

2. Watching one guy inevitably getting extremely intoxicated and ranting on at the TV as the rest watch nervously hoping he doesn't break the
a. TV
b. Furniture
c. Beer Bottle on an inocent bistanders head
d. All the Above

3. The post game party of drunk driving home where all participants stumble through the door proclaiming they only had a couple beers.

4. Coming home to the wife, reliving their college days, looking for sex and only finding a place on the couch, den, floor (if really drunk).

I'm calling the game as a blow out Colts 13 - Bears 13!

Hahaha. If you listen to jim rome show you will get that one.

SmackDog

edmc 02-04-2007 05:03 PM

hehe, Ive done my rant. Do you all wear tights when you are cheering on your teams? When I lived in the States I just found all these male bonding sessions a bit camp (nice to add the wife reassurance bit, haha)

AceHigh 02-04-2007 05:08 PM

Starting right now...watching this one the first time dont even know the rules :D ...well it might be fun to watch anyways ->

AceHigh Pino 02-04-2007 10:30 PM

My prediction was off by 5 points. Weeeeeee!

hoursurfing 02-04-2007 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edmc
Is this thread in the wrong section?

I vaguely remember the game when I was over in the States.

American football originated from the mans game, rugby.
They took their name from football, known as soccer in the US but they actually use their feet to control the ball, possibly why it is known as "Football"

In America the game "football" is really a game of catch. Commonly played in the UK by 12 year old schoolgirls in the school playground. Their 2nd favorite game is Hop Scotch, closely followed by skipping.

Although American Football is a copy of Rugby, Americans had to put a twist to the rules & call it their own. They now have a world champoinships, only played in America, by Americans. Soccer as they call it, has widespread appeal. They even have their own World Cup, played by countries all over the World, including America (but they are crap because they prefer to play catch).

On to the rule changes............

The players, known as jock's because of their manly status amongst their peers must wear sissy tights & do the Hop Scotch every time the score a touchdown.

At rugby the players use a gumshield for protection. The WA (wifes association) pushed this rule.

In American Football, they must wear crash helmets, incase they trip over. They also have to wear lots of pads. Im not sure of the direct translation. I think it is known as fanny pads.

I thought I would offer a brief history of the game because this is an International forum & most non-Americans prefer mens sports


I guess it's only suitable that a non-American tell us the history of American football. At least the post wasn't biased. :rolleyes:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0