Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums

Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/)
-   General Poker Affiliate Discussion (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/general-poker-affiliate-discussion/)
-   -   How Much Are Poker Articles Worth? (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/general-poker-affiliate-discussion/8205-how-much-poker-articles-worth.html)

CoolDog 01-05-2007 01:39 PM

How Much Are Poker Articles Worth?
 
Hi, I have a general question about the value of original poker articles.

How much would you pay for a well written poker article?

I guess I am talking about a one page article, well written and unique.

Another question would be, are there any places that sell well written, unique poker articles?

Thanks,

CoolDog

SunPoker.com 01-05-2007 01:46 PM

It's tough to gauge the value of a well written article. I think it's hard to find a writer that can come up with original writing and stay on the topics you want them to write about.

If you need some well written articles, feel free to PM me. I know a good writer that can do work for you.

Regards,

Mark

CoolDog 01-10-2007 12:14 PM

Thanks Mark, I have a guy who writes for me and I just wanted to see what the "normal" costs were for something like this.

If I need a new writer I'll PM you for info on your guy.

CoolDog

SunPoker.com 01-10-2007 12:57 PM

I have seen writers charge around $50 and article and then I have seen some writers charge $0.10 a word. It just depends on the author and the quality of writing I think.

Mark

edmc 01-10-2007 01:02 PM

Ive just started on the poker article thing. The last one was on the poker ban. I know its a little behind but I felt like writing about it.

http://pokersearch.wordpress.com/

I wouldnt mind a little advice on what I am doing right or wrong. Writing has never really been a problem for me. I dont know if anyone is interested in what I am writing.

any hints or tips?

P.S. Dont click on any of my banners. I dont want this post considered spam so use the ones at PAW, im just looking for feedback on the quality (or lack of) of my articles

ClickItNow 01-10-2007 01:04 PM

$15 an article. (For something short and punchy). Sometimes $25.

It's a fair all-round price. Obviously if the article is a huge masterpiece then a higher amount.

Holis 01-11-2007 11:29 AM

1 link back or 9 cents a word is what ive been seeing (and accepting)

Jeremy 01-11-2007 11:24 PM

I can tell you from my experinece with pokernews that it really depends on the writer and what they bring to the table. If I wrote a poker article for you to post on your site, sure it would be content, but really that is all it would be..... I'd say $10 tops for my articles on poker strategy. :D

Now if one of the top online pro's or even a poker writer like John Caldwell wrote an article, it would be worth a hell of a lot more.

I suppose you have to look at it this way; Are you trying to just add content, or are you trying to have an actual writer add value to your site.

Personally I think both are fine, it's just a matter of figuring out the worth of who is writing for you. Just my 2 cents, but I think it can range from $10 - $150 per article.

Dave 01-12-2007 09:21 PM

Presenting unique content on your website is definitely the key to getting cheap, targeted traffic.

When I first became a online poker affiliate I thought..... OK I'm going to promote online poker, it's a game I love and know a lot about so now I'm going to make good money promoting what I know.

Unfortunately it's not quite that easy. Internet marketing in any niche is a very complicated game.

I failed most English classes in high school. I hate writing.....always have.

If you run a website... you're a writer... that's your job.

Your job is to inform the visitors to your website about whatever your site topic is .... and hopefully get them to take "some kind of action" that will put some money in your pocket.

You can spend your money outsourcing your content if you wish.

But I know nothing about outsourcing content.

I'm a one man show... stubborn... set in my ways... call me crazy... call me stupid.

If you want to do it yourself here is the resources that I have used to achieve my goals as an online marketer.

Possibly the best free advice on how to create good articles.

http://www.bummarketingmethod.com/Ar...Marketing.html

Obviously you don't have to post the articles you write to article directories via the "Bum Marketing Method".

Put some of your articles exclusively on your own websites! Keep them as your own.

Mix and match..... and above all be creative!

If you suck at writing, or just hate it as much as I do and feel like writing your own articles takes up way to much of your valuable time then you should check out this ebook.

http://articlespeedwriting.com

This is not an affiliate link even though I am an affiliate and and a big fan.

The best 37 bucks I spent last year. Probably increased my article writing by 1000% or more. Pure gold for do it yourself writers.

If you're feeling overwhelmed lately and need a little inspiration or guidance for check out "ReBoot Your Brain" by John Reese.

Warning: This is a very long audio spiel by internet marketing millionaire "John Reese". Totally free to listen to.... no selling..... no bull.

I've found this to be a very helpful tutorial for organizing my own life in 2006 so I thought I'd share it with you guys.

http://www.marketingsecrets.com/images/rebootmethod/rebootmethod.htm

Tip: Find a quite place.... sit down with a pen and pad of paper......have an ample supply of your "favorite beverage" or "herbal supplement" close by and listen to this audio from start to finish.

Open up your mind to all possibilities and jot down your thoughts.

Tomorrow take massive action to create your ideal lifestyle.

Live long and prosper.

suicideking 01-12-2007 10:41 PM

Quote:

Possibly the best free advice on how to create good articles.

http://www.bummarketingmethod.com/Ar...Marketing.html

Obviously you don't have to post the articles you write to article directories via the "Bum Marketing Method".

Agreed! Travis (aka Bum Marketer) is one cool dude....and wicked smart at article writing and marketing in general.

He's responsible for helping me start turning decent profits as an affiliate.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0