|
Discrepency between G analytics and Cpanel Webalizer?
Anyone know why there is such a big discrepency for Cpanel webalizer stats and Google Analytics. We're talking way off.
|
I can blabber some guesses, but nothing is verified.
First off...Google Analytics uses JavaScript. I've been told that if a visitor has JavaScript disabled, then Google Analytics doesn't track them. This still doesn't explain the large difference between Webalizer and Google Analytics. I'm not sure if Google Analytics even actually reads the raw web logs like most stat program do, or if it just tracks the visitors itself....you'll see a difference between Webalizer and Awstats too, just becase each of them interpret the raw logs differently. They both read the same log files but display the results differently, but I'm not sure if Google Analytics also reads the raw logs. I can't really say which is more accurate though...Google Analytics vs. Webalizer....anyone else? |
here's a link to a thread that deals with discrepancies between stats packages.
|
Yes but you must be a registered paying member of WebmasterWorld to view the thread! Doh!
|
From webmasterworld
Here is the post from webmasterworld
Quote:
|
Quote:
BEFORE coffee = Read AFTER coffee = Post i'll get it right yet. |
Lol.
|
| All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:09 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0