|
Hello everyone,
One of the easiest ways to have free updated content on your website is a rss news feed. All you have to do is setup the rss feed and you will have news updated without having to ever touch it again. This will give your visitors another reason to come back to your site. We offer a free rss news feed that is updated throughout everyday. www.pokernewsnow.com rss feed = "http://www.pokernewsnow.com/rss.xml" You can submit news or press releases by registering a free account and using the submit news link or by sending an email to If you need help incorporating the rss feed into your website let me know. |
Hey AJ,
So ,how do you do it? Thanks! |
Here is how you can add the feed using mediascooper.
You can follow the following instructions or simply copy and paste the java script code at the bottom. Go here: Media Scooper In the field "Or enter your own URL(s):" enter "http://www.pokernewsnow.com/rss.xml" (without the quotes) Select how many articles you would like to retrieve and how many you would like to show. For the code below I selected 5/5. You can also change the font setup. Copy and paste the following Java Script where you would like the feed to show up on your site. Java script code:
Code:
<script SRC="http://www.mediascooper.com/cgi-bin/mscoop-cgi/mediascooper.cgi?url=http://www.pokernewsnow.com/rss.xml&heading=&blank=1&desc=1&dates=1&text=BLACK&background=%23CCCFFF&ebackground=%23FFFFFF&elink=%23000000&border=BLUE&email=1&showborder=1&align=LEFT&halign=CENTER&max_articles=5&max_articles_pf=5&desc_length=0&show_author=1&width=300&descsize=-1&authorsize=-1&datesize=-2&emailsize=-2&font=Verdana,+Arial,+Sans-serif&mylogo=">
Hope this helps. If you have further questions let me know :) |
Hey Guys,
I used to use PokerGazette but I have began integrating AJ's news into all my sites. I can tell you that by adding a news source like pokernewsnow on your site it will help bring you return visitors. If someone sees this news feed for the first time on your website, they will more than likely remember your site and hopefully start visiting everyday. Besides if your site is one that you do not update constantly this will give it some dynamic content that is constantly being changed and updated. With pokernews now you can really customize how you wnat the news to look as far as size, colors, etc. Here are a couple of examples how I am using it. http://www.partyriches.com/news.htm http://www.rockfordpoker.com/ |
Another option is from www.rss-to-javascript.com
I like this using this over mediascooper. It seems to pick up the latest news better then mediascooper. Here is the code:
Code:
<script language="JavaScript" src="http://convert.rss-to-javascript.com/?chan=1&simple_chan=1&desc=1&num=5&src=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pokernewsnow.com%2Frss.xml">
Just copy and paste put where you like. |
I've been using www.rgpaccess.com's feed on some of my sites with nice comments from members.
It's a feed to rec.gambling.poker. |
| All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:55 AM. |
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0