Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums

Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/)
-   General Poker Affiliate Discussion (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/general-poker-affiliate-discussion/)
-   -   Offline Promotion with fliers (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/general-poker-affiliate-discussion/2446-offline-promotion-fliers.html)

Jeremy 10-03-2005 09:13 PM

I am putting together some new fliers for an offline promotion that I am doing and I'm wondering what you guys have found to work most successfully. Design, content, ect.

Or even better some new creative ideas versus the standard flier or business cards that you could put your bonus code on. I'm just trying to get my creative juices flowing. Thanks.

Justin 10-03-2005 09:43 PM

Here's a few things I remember from graphic design my freshman year.

Colors and mood

Blue
The color blue lowers the blood pressure of the person reading and relaxes them. The color blue however does not promote buying and is rarely used in large stores and restaurants. This is why restaurants had a blue plate special back in the day. Your blood pressure goes down and you are not nearly as hungry.

Red
The color red raises blood pressure and customers are more inclined to make a purchase. Many huge stores and restaurants use red. When combined with yellow, this is found to be the most effective color combination. Hence Wendy's and Mcdonalds.

Most Visible Color
Many people used to think yellow was the most visible color thats why school busses were designed to be yellow. But now many researchers have agreed that the yellow-green flourescentish color is the most visible

Worst Colors
Black and Yellow have been determined to be the two worst colors to use together. Which is why th Waffle House has one of the worst logos and color schemes for a restaurant. Black and yellow together set off an instannt reaction to the thing most people think of when they see black and yellow....a bee. And bee's usually scare most people.

Flyers I have Used
I think the best one I used just said POKER? in huge letters at the top. The idea of a flyer is to catch attention then get your message out. I think anyone who is interested in poker will look at the flyer if they see that at the top.

Hope some of this helps

ethomps 10-03-2005 09:44 PM

I have received a couple thousand biz cards and flyers from party and I think they are great. Putting them on cars at casinos,dorms,poker books,urnials at bars,bulletin boards,contacting local poker clubs to hand them out with free t-shirt and hat aswell as sending the poker club owner a free $50 on partypoker...keep the ideas coming

Jeremy 10-04-2005 10:40 PM

From a design standpoint I don't think you can ever go wrong with beautiful women and poker chips/cards.

I also am thinking I like to use colors or graphics that will jump out at people versus something that looks like a photocopied flier.

My best advice is that you have to do something that everyone else is not doing. Make your flier stand out in front of everyone else's. Also if you are promoting in a certain area or to a certain niche.........include it on your fliers!

Randy 10-04-2005 11:35 PM

Split test two fliers.

Make them exactly the same except for the bonus code and one other variable. That variable can be color, ad copy, image, etc.

Then figure out which one had a better conversion rate. That becomes your new test.

Next time you do a flyer distribution, change one variable and test another flyer design. If it performs better, it becomes your new test, and if not, then you try another change in an attempt to beat your conversion on the old flyer.

Rinse and repeat.

As you continue doing this, you'll figure out which elements increase conversion rates, and you'll eventually be able to design flyers that convert tremendously better than your original flyer.

The trick is to only change one variable at a time, track your results, and continuously improve your conversions.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0