Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate World Sponsored Programs - Poker Affiliate Programs > Poker Affiliate World Integrated Affiliate Network

Poker Affiliate World Integrated Affiliate Network Promote through the Poker Affiliate World system and take advantage of large CPA's as well as all your stats being on a simple poker affiliate backend.

Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2007, 02:12 AM

Default Suggestions For PAW Affiliate Network

Just wanted to make a few suggestions for the PAW network that I think would be beneficial and also wanted to hear input from other members. Firstly let me say that I think the PAW network is a very innovative tool for us as affiliates and that it combines branding, efficiency and a powerful voice for everyone that uses it. I have just recently switched all my trackers save Bodog (as it is not yet offered) on my new blog Flopwire to PAW trackers.

The first suggestion that I would like to make deals with the relationship between the PAW network and PokerNews.com. While I think it is amazing to be able to promote World Series freerolls and special incentives that most of us would otherwise never get, I think this relationship creates a bit of a conflict of interest. This particularly deals with having to send players to the PokerNews.com site to read more about the freerolls and tell them that the freeroll name is WSOP PokerNews.com Freeroll, etc. Even with custom landing pages, the visitor is still directed to a page with full coverage of PokerNews links.

Possible Solution: To improve on this it would be great if the two networks could have seperate identities for us as affiliates. Perhaps even creating a PAWaffiliates.com site dealing with all of the PAW networks features. With the force behind the PAW network and the large amount of affiliates choosing it as their promotion tool, I am sure it would be possible to migrate or start new freerolls specifically designed for the PAW network. This would help in a variety of ways: If the freerolls where set up for affiliates using the PAW network only and given names such as World Series Freeroll Special 999 for example, it would allow us to fully integrate and promote these events on our sites without the need to redirect visitors to another competitor. What I suggest is that the PAW network sets up its own generic special promotions for its affiliates that enable us to promote them as if they are our own.

The second point I would like to touch on is on the part of affiliates and managers at the PAW network. Since by using the network we are dealing for the most part with the PAW team, most affiliates will have little to no contact with the actual room AM's, nor will they be able to request higher %'s, MGR or promos as they will not be able to directly reference their stats to the managing AM of that particular room.

Possible Solution: It would be nice at some point in the future for PAW Network affiliates to be able to work with Marius or Mitchell on custom deals since essentially they are our affiliates managers for a variety of programs under the PAW network, and sending a player through the PAW network represents a sign-up for PAW or PokerNews (I am not sure which), not us an individual affiliates. I think that if the PAW network is going to take on the role of the middle-man, managing the affiliate side but having the physical credit for the sign-up, then there should be some openess to working out deals with high performing PAW network affiliates as they will have no direct pull with a specific room AM.

Those are the two basic things I would like to see implemented into the PAW Network as I think they would be beneficial for both the network and its affiliates.

Let's hear from some other people on possible suggestions or ways to help improve. Thanks again PAW for continuing to develop and innovate for us as affiliates and I am sure that many of these suggestions may already be in the works, but figured I would mention them anyways.

Omaha Poker |

Old 04-25-2007, 02:29 AM

I agree with most of the things John said and we were actually speaking about this earlier. I think its great that we get to offer WSOP freerolls, but looking at it from someone coming to my sites' view, if I saw that these are all PokerNews.com freerolls, I would probably sign-up directly with PokerNews.com as Pokernews.com sounds a little more trustworthy than a third-party kind of site.

I would also like to make the following other suggestions... Please don't take any of these as I am bad-mouthing the PAW network as I think it is great, but here are my suggestions that I think will make a lot more people comfortable to use the network:

1) Make the affiliate back-end look nicer. I know this sounds really stupid, but for something that probably generates (or will generate) hundreds of thousands of dollars, I think a nicer look helps build that "trust factor" that everything is legit. Right now it looks like it was made in about 10 minutes, which makes me wonder if all the programming side of it was also done in the same short period of time. I am not doubting that it is accurate as I trust Jeremy and believe that the PokerNews team has no reason to play with numbers as they are still making money off every player that we send, but I think it would be nice to make it look a little "prettier".

2) Top priority... put date stamps of when the stats were last updated. It takes a second to do, and I don't see why this is not done already.

3) Easier access to banners. I know they are there for some sites, but nothing is "easy to use".

These are a few things off the top of my head. I am sure I will come up with more later.

Free Poker Money - Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News - Poker Affiliate Tips

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-25-2007, 03:47 AM
Members

I think that a simple solution to the issue of sending players to a PokerNews page to read about the freerolls is to make a page on your own site with the tournament dates. That's what I do. Not only do you keep visitors at your site, but you can customize it to show only those sites you promote through the network. I probably wouldn't promote the freerolls at all if I had to send visitors away from my site to sign up.

Also, I don't mention PokerNews anywhere on my site. I mention the date and time of the freeroll, but I don't need to list the title. Online poker players bothering to sign up for a poker room because of a special WSOP freeroll will certainly be savvy enough to find the correct tournament. I'm sure that there aren't ever 2 WSOP freerolls at the same time at the same site.

I do agree that timestamps would be a nice feature for statistics but it isn't too big of an issue for me. The new cashier system is much better and bank wire was an important addition. Regarding banners, I would be interested if custom banners were made to promote the freerolls. Otherwise, just sign into the direct affiliate login and grab the standard ones. Or even post a banner request here as I'm sure someone could help out.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillshadow View Post
Also, I don't mention PokerNews anywhere on my site. I mention the date and time of the freeroll, but I don't need to list the title. Online poker players bothering to sign up for a poker room because of a special WSOP freeroll will certainly be savvy enough to find the correct tournament. I'm sure that there aren't ever 2 WSOP freerolls at the same time at the same site.
I have to disagree with you on that point. Perhaps if your page was ranking very well for "WSOP Freeroll Tournaments", than you could reasonably assume that players may have knowledge of where to look for the tournament. What if a new online poker player comes to your site and sees that promo and decides hey, why not sign up through you, I get to play in a WSOP freeroll. This player may have no knowledge that he/she needs to go to the special or private tournaments tab to find the freeroll.

I think you are taking a risk by not advertising the name of the tournament. Although the chances are very low that two qualifiers would run at the same time, if a person signs up through you and can't find the tournament they will be upset and probably never go to your site again.

Omaha Poker |

Old 04-25-2007, 07:40 AM
sunsss.com

Send a message via MSN to Vrindavan Send a message via Skype™ to Vrindavan

agree that the best is host our own content, but we also need a standardized/correct description of each events.

We need a generic name of the event, i find it hard to promote an event having another site's name on it. And pokernews name is mentioned some more times within the event description.

On the other hand, i am not sure if it does add confusion if i simply remove mentioning of pokernews, can the visitor know very clear how to enter, what info must retain ? what info is optional, etc.

A banner area is very helpful too.

Is it possible to add traffic/click-thru stat. ?

Last edited by Vrindavan : 04-25-2007 at 07:46 AM.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:58 AM
Members

I agree that it is important for the goodwill of our players to find the tournament and we certainly do want them to participate. However, you aren't taking AWAY any information that PokerNews gives to their visitors about the freerolls. If you look at http://www.pokernews.com/freeroll-tournaments/ no tournament has specific entry instructions. I don't see anything about clicking private tabs or where to look for any site. They (correctly) instruct players to ask the poker room if they're having trouble registering. That's the best method. Personally, I've sent a good number of players in through these trackers and haven't had any complaints about getting into the freerolls. Players are either figuring it out or they aren't even aware of the tournament.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:57 AM
PAW Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy

This is a great thread guys. As you know the PAW Network is still growing and essentially in Beta mode. Short term yes, it can be frustrating and there have been hiccups. However long term, with feedback like this from the actual members promoting on it, we can build something very cool in this industry.

There is something to be said about "strength in numbers" in any industry.

Keep the advice and feedback coming. In about a week I'll take all these suggestions and get them to our programming team. Thanks to those of you who are contributing in this thread. It's feedback like this that will catapult the network to an even greater level and put more money in all of our pockets.

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Old 04-25-2007, 10:58 AM

Thats a great idea about the time/date stamp of the stats update.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:19 AM
sunsss.com

Send a message via MSN to Vrindavan Send a message via Skype™ to Vrindavan

http://www.pokernews.com/freeroll-tournaments/

Is the sign up bonus for using pokernews link different from using PAW affiliate link ?

Please confirm