Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2006, 05:57 AM

Default PokerStars Scamming?

I'm a PokerStars affiliate. In the past two months I have had a couple of new player sign ups through my affiliate links to PokerStars. I have not been paid for the sign ups and neither new user shows up on my affiliate reports. I have complained (by e-mail) to the PokerStars affiliate manager. He wrote back that he would look into it. But that was week's ago and I haven't heard a word since, and he doesn't respond to my many follow up e-mails.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:31 AM

Double check your links have the correct referal code.

Remember you dont get any money from Stars until those players have met the frequent player point requirement (usually something like 100 FPPs)
Old 12-09-2006, 08:56 AM

Thanks for the suggestion, but my links are definitely correct. Perhaps my players haven't met the requirements. However, what bothers me is that I can't get the affiliate manager to respond! After my first e-mail to him (about 1 month ago) he said he would look into it. After that, nothing at all. I have e-mailed him every week - pleasantly asking for a response.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:57 AM
Members

Send a message via AIM to freydaddy Send a message via MSN to freydaddy Send a message via Yahoo to freydaddy Send a message via Skype™ to freydaddy

I wouldnt go as far as to say a reputable company like Poker Stars is scamming, like clickit said they have to reach a certain amount of points in order for you to be paid, or you are using the wrong trackers, Iv'e been a Poker Stars affilaite for 2 years and have never had a problem with paying!

Contact Me:
MSN:
AOL: freydaddy08
Yahoo: freydaddy08
By Email:

Eric
Old 12-09-2006, 09:28 AM

Do your referrals show up in the PokerStars referral report immediately after they sign up, or only after they reach the 1000 point requirement?
Old 12-09-2006, 10:45 AM
Members

Send a message via AIM to DealerDan

Referrals show after they sign up, it says "New Accounts | Real Money Accounts | Qualified". New accounts are players that signed up, real money are real money players, and qualifed means they have hit the 100 point threshold(not 1000).
Owner of the Dealer Dan Gaming Network. Read my article on how to Target and Profit from Freeroll Whores! Also free mentoring to new affiliates; PM me for details. Be sure to check out the Poker Affiliate Bible
Old 12-09-2006, 10:57 AM
Members

Please don't be alarmed that the affiliate manager has not gotten back to you yet PokerKahn. Not to sound like a jerk, but they probably have larger (read: more important) affiliates to worry about then someone who has sent them 2 players.

Not to say they wont get back to you, but you are probably not very high on their priority list. I know because I am in the same boat as you with a couple of rooms.

You just have to understand that referrals drives attention in this business. AM's are just not going to spend a lot of time on small timers like you and I if there are more pressing issues with an affiliate sending them 200 players.

Sorry, but that is how I see it.

SmackDog

Online Poker Leagues | Poker Satellite Tournaments | iPhone Mobile Mob | Poker RakeBack Offers
Old 12-09-2006, 11:11 AM

I might actually make the effort to be a bigger affiliate if they weren't cheating me out of my first two referrals!
Old 12-09-2006, 01:28 PM

I have sent them an email just asking them the validity of their stats on a couple days where they seemed off. They did not reply to my second email. (Im in the 200 range with them)

I've noticed that the stats weren't updating properly on certain occasions and that made me worry. I personally think on occasion they have problems with their stats but don't want to admit it.

There is really no solid way to tell how accurate stats are but I agree just a reply saying "All stats updated fine" would be nice. Basically just don't promote anyone you feel cheated from.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:29 PM
Members

Try emailing and explain the situation you're in. I'm not sure if they'll be able to help, but you can usually get a response from them within an hour or two.