Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2005, 08:46 AM
Members

Mitchtam,
I think your computer may have some type of virus/malware on it. When I click on your link, your tracking number shows - 2431473.

Is it possible that affiliate 2238044 has written a virus to change people's trackers to his tracker? If so, he's probably making a fortune.
Old 03-26-2005, 09:15 AM
Members

I did a yahoo search for all sites with the link of the code:
link:http://www.partypoker.com/?wm=2238044

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=link%3Aht...moz2&fl=0&x=wrt

4 shady sites.

This affiliate needs to be investigated. He's also an affiliate of empire poker, so he's probably working the same thing there.
Old 03-26-2005, 09:45 AM
Members

Thanks for the response. I agree , this guy somehow infected my computer.

We need PP to take this seriously. Who knows haow many others of you are/were/will be effected by this. He needs to be shut down!!

Any ideas on how to clean this up?

Thanks!!
Old 03-26-2005, 10:00 AM
Members

Mitchtam,

I just went to your site and clicked through everthing you where talking about and they all seem to show your number. I don't know if you have corrected your affiliate link as of this writing but it too shows your code.

When I had my problems with this mystery code I was using the link;

"http://www.partypoker.com/download/index.htm?wm=XXXXXXX"

Once I changed that link to;

"http://www.partypoker.com/index.htm?wm=XXXXXXX"

the problem seemed to go away. I really don't understand what/if anything is going on. My site traffic manager report says that I have had at least 60-70 "requests for the page" for both Party and Empire in the last few days but yet when I go to my affiliate account it says I have had maybe 10 downloads combined. Maybe people or just clicking on the page and not downloading it, maybe they are and I am just not getting credit. Don't know, but would appreciate if you would let me know the outcome/answer you get.

Four2Eight
Old 03-26-2005, 10:05 AM
Members

Thanks for the response. Did you go thru the links as I described in my email?

-Log onto my website www.partypoker.ph (Rohip, remember we got the OK to use the address)
-My affilaite number is 2431473
-If you run your mouse along all the links, you will see my affiliate number come up.
-However, now click the "affilaite" link.
-My affilaite number is still embedded, however NOW CLICK THE JOIN NOW BUTTON you see on the page or any other link for that matter.
-You are now redirected to affilaite # 2238044 !!

Perhaps the issue is local to my computer? I am going to try it on my son's and will report back.

Thnaks!
Old 03-26-2005, 10:10 AM
Members

Just checked, same thing happens on his computer...redirected to the other affilaite...This truly sucks!!
Old 03-26-2005, 10:11 AM
Members

Mitchtam,

Shows you how well I follow directions. Yeah your right, when I clicked "join" I was re-directed to the other number. That sucks big time. Let me know what you find out.

F2E
Old 03-26-2005, 10:44 AM
Members

Send a message via MSN to RiverStevens

Speaking of being redirected, I went to my site to make sure this wasn't happening to me and low and behold when you click on one of my links it doesn't take you anywhere, whats up with that. Can someone view my source code and let me know if I screwed something up...or did someone hack it?
www.thepokerplaza.com

Thanks.

River~~~
Old 03-26-2005, 11:18 AM
Members

Send a message via MSN to RiverStevens

Nevermind, it was a browser issue. I closed and reopened and everything was fine. Oh btw in another thread we said that noone has been charged with affiliate shit before. Well if this guy gets caught doing this shit he might not get charged but someone might do well to go break all his fingers!

River~~~

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Partypoker Tracker ID Question ChosenOne General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 08-29-2006 08:22 AM
Is it possible to delete a tracker? pokerpatduck2 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 01-02-2006 02:59 AM
Big Problem FattyOwnz General Poker Affiliate Discussion 4 09-28-2005 08:17 AM
Party tracker problem Kellermann General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 08-31-2005 04:03 PM
Party Poker Tracking Problem adioking General Poker Affiliate Discussion 8 06-30-2005 04:27 AM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:41 AM.

Old 03-26-2005, 12:57 AM
Members

I might be a computer idiot, and sound ing the alarm for no reason, but reading the thread and what has happened to other people...and now having it done to myself is of grave concern. Same affilaite # keep popping up, #2238044 in this mystery.

If someone has an answer, please help. I have sent an email to my Affilaite Manager. It also outlines what happens on the site...where affilate numbers get switched. Check for yourself!!

Jeremy, I hope you don't mind, I referenced the PartyRiches thread where this issue first came up in my e-mail.

Here is the e-mailGentlemen,
I have serious problem with my website. It seems that certain links when clicked will re-direct MY customer to a different affilaite number. This problem was dicussed on http://partyriches.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=455 last month as well.

Your affilaite that is doing this # 2238044 (i'm not a computer expert, so I don't know how) is STEALING our sign=ups and our income.

Let me walk you thru whats happening:

-Log onto my website www.partypoker.ph (Rohip, remember we got the OK to use the address)
-My affilaite number is 2431473
-If you run your mouse along all the links, you will see my affiliate number come up.
-However, now click the "affilaite" link.
-My affilaite number is still embedded, however NOW CLICK THE JOIN NOW BUTTON you see on the page or any other link for that matter.
-You are now redirected to affilaite # 2238044 !!

I checked my website and all the codes embedded. They are fine. I will copy it for your review at the end of this e-mail.

I have not had a sign up from my site in weeks, only bonus code signups!!!

I have lost a significant amount of revenue, not to mention the advertising $$$ I have spent to no avail.

Please help me with this as soon as possible. As you can see my the Partyriches link I attached, I am not the only person who has been affected by this.

Your immediate response is appreciated.

Affiliate: Mitchtam Screenname: caesarsguy

Here is a copy of my web site info:

<**** Name="revisit-after" *********"30 Days">
<**** Name="Description" *********"Play online Poker at Party Poker. The Worlds largest internet online Poker Room. We have

Texas Holdem,live poker games or tournemnets. 20% sign-up bonus. The best online internet Partypoker site. ">
<**** Name="Keywords" *********"holdem poker, internet poker, online poker, paradisepoker, play poker, poker online, video

poker, download poker, partypoker, play poker, poker, texas holdem, online poker, party poker, World series of poker,

gambling, texas holdem">
<**** Name="Author" *********"Mitchell Sxxxxx">

<**** http-equiv="Content-Type" *********"text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

[img]images1/logo.jpg[/img] Online Poker Games 24/7

Join

the 70,000+ Players Now!
[img]images1/spacer.gif[/img]

[img]images1/left-top04.gif[/img]
[img]images1/left-top04-1.gif[/img]

<!-------Element 2------->

<!---------End of Element 2-------------->

href="http://www.partypoker.com/news/partypoker_million/index.html" title="Poker Event"> PartyPoker.com Million IV

underway!

For $32 get a chance to win a Cruise for two and a shot at the

estimated prize pool of $7,000,000!
Click

here to qualify now.

class=subheader>About Us
Online since 2001

Licensed and Regulated

Easy, Safe and Secure

Prompt Payouts

Lots of Games & Limits

24/7 Email Support

Pay by:

Questions? Contact us 24/7 on or phone

<!--

-->

We are licensed and regulated by the Government of Gibraltar, and our games are tested by iTech

Labs,
a leading independent tester of gaming and wagering devices to ensure that the games are fair and operate

correctly.

[img]image/logos.gif[/img]
[img]images1/green.gif[/img]

Home |
My Account |
How to Play |
News & Events |
Games |
Tell-A-Friend |
Affiliates |
About Us |
Contact Us

Poker

Spielen |
Online Poker Games! |
<script language="javascript">
var d=new Date()
var month= d.getMonth() + 1
document.write(d.getDate() + "/")
document.write(month + "/")
document.write(d.getFullYear())

|

color=0000ff>Press

Terms and Conditions of Use

|
Privacy Policy
|
Responsible

Gaming

© 2004 WPC Productions (Gibraltar) Limited. All Rights Reserved

holdem poker, internet poker, online poker, paradisepoker, play poker, poker online, video poker, download poker,

partypoker, play poker, poker, texas holdem, online poker, party poker, World series of poker, gambling, texas holdem

Play online Poker at Party Poker. The Worlds largest internet online Poker Room. We have Texas Holdem, live poker games or

tournemnets. 20% sign-up bonus. The best online internet Partypoker site.

holdem poker, internet poker, online poker, paradisepoker, play poker, poker online, video poker, download poker, partypoker,

play poker, poker, texas holdem, online poker, party poker, World series of poker, gambling, texas holdem

Play online Poker at Party Poker. The Worlds largest internet online Poker Room. We have Texas Holdem, live poker games or

holdem poker, internet poker, online poker, paradisepoker, play poker, poker online, video poker, download poker, partypoker,

play poker, poker, texas holdem, online poker, party poker, World series of poker, gambling, texas holdem

<!-- text below generated by server. PLEASE REMOVE --><!-- Counter/Statistics data collection code --><script

language="JavaScript" src="http://hostingprod.com/js_source/geov2.js"><script language="javascript">geovisit

();

<!-- text below generated by server. PLEASE REMOVE --><!-- Counter/Statistics data collection code --><script

language="JavaScript" src="http://hostingprod.com/js_source/geov2.js"><script language="javascript">geovisit

();

();

Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News