Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2007, 04:44 PM

Default Future of online poker?

What do you think is going to eventually happen?? I just started a site made specifically for sites accepting US players. Now i'm getting emails saying that its illegal, what i'm doing might get me in trouble...i'm getting articles sent to me... like: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/20/technology/20soft.html?ex=1198818000&en=96019a83987e687f&ei=5070

The article includes: "$9 million in public service ads over a three-year period, starting next year. The public service campaign will aim the message that online gambling is illegal at those of college age and younger."

3 months ago, when I thought about getting into making my first affiliate site, I was told that this is a great time to get into it. Being a new affiliate and have spent some money to get things going, should I be worried about this?

What are your thoughts on whats might happen?
Old 12-20-2007, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAPokerPro View Post
The public service campaign will aim the message that online gambling is illegal at those of college age and younger
Surely that's good news as it will confirm that it IS legal for those of age?
Old 12-20-2007, 05:23 PM
Be gentle with the earth.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAPokerPro
The public service campaign will aim the message that online gambling is illegal at those of college age and younger

Surely that's good news as it will confirm that it IS legal for those of age?
I think you misread it. It says gambling is illegal. The message will be aimed at college age and younger. I guess they are less likely to ask questions about it, like: What makes it illegal? Where is the law that makes online poker illegal? etc.
If you wish to play Online Power Poker, you will first have to Go Online and find a great Online Poker Site, one way to do that is to get some poker room reviews at Card Critic, one of the oldest review site for poker rooms around.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:29 PM

oops - you're right