Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2007, 02:50 AM
Members

Could someone more knowledgeable break that down in simple terms?
Its smokin' my brain trying to figure out just WTF is going on there?

It seems impossible or a bug in the stats?
Old 12-17-2007, 05:47 AM
Poker Player & Promoter

Send a message via Yahoo to GoodKarmaKid Send a message via Skype™ to GoodKarmaKid

The last column is the killer, $248 deduction for "Deposit Fees", roughly 10% transaction cost, my guess is the guy is using a credit card to deposit, and the site probably has to pay a high credit card merchant processing % (probably 7 or 8%) because of the risk of chargebacks and the "gambling" stigma. So in this particular case, the rake is less than the processing fees charged, thus the negative balance situation.

if you think that is bad, I have a player on another site who has $4000 in banking fees this month($3000 the previous month), and that's not a typo, it's just ridiculous. And to add insult to injury, the fees go both ways. The guy lost the previous month and charged a lot to his credit card, and this month he is winning, so he is putting money back on his credit card, and they charge the processing fee to the affiliates in both directions (deposits & withdrawls).

"Money can't buy happiness, but neither can poverty." Leo Rosten (1908- )
Old 12-17-2007, 12:25 PM
Members

Thanks Karma that makes sense now.

OUCH on your guy
Old 12-20-2007, 05:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to kaus Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus

This blows.
I think I may be sending Shenaz an email because if this is the case i dont think I am really all that excited over this and this is one player.

Deposit $2,689.88
hands 207
FPP 522
rake $86.22
tournament fee$5.50
Bonus fees $30.00
Promotions $0.00
Deposit Fees $215.19
NGR $153.47