Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > The Poker Affiliate Exchange > Digg Circle

Digg Circle Help fellow forum members by Digging their quality articles.

Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2007, 02:20 PM
www.aintluck.com

Default Dont Get Your Digg Page Deleted - Unlink your Page URL

I guess this is a theory but i think it might be true. I keep seeing people who ask for their article to be dug placing a url to the page where it can be easily dugg. I don't think this is a good idea because i keep seeing these pages removed.

I think Digg.com picks up on when these particular pages have backlinks and there is really only 1 reason why these pages would ever have backlinks...Cuz people ask them to be digged. Therefore, Digg Just up and deletes the page entirely when it detects a backlink. Or digg can see the discussion from where the page was linked too...either way, not really a good thing for your dugg article...or your digg profile.

So basically, the solution in this case would be for you to unlink the url you're asking someone to digg. Just make the url intact where they can copy and paste into the webbrowser, rather than be a clickable hyperlink.

Ex. http://www.digg.com/gaming_news/whatever <== Dont Do This

HTML Code:
http://www.digg.com/gaming_news/whatever
^ correct - put link into html box for copy and paste

Last edited by addaminsane : 09-21-2007 at 03:18 PM.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:07 PM
www.aintluck.com

There is more developed discussion about this at DP forums:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=485216

I think this is a good idea particularly for this forum where its pretty safe to do digg exchanges. This makes it safer.

Last edited by addaminsane : 09-21-2007 at 03:13 PM.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:10 PM
Members

Has anyone here actually managed to get a page about poker to do well in Digg yet? Or any other gambling-related topic?

My experience has been that it's an almost useless attempt, but if someone had a success, I'd love to see it.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:15 PM
www.aintluck.com

I think the way most people go about it is leaving their attempt crippled. Having an established profile with lots of friends, particularly poker friends would help out a ton. You can send an instant shout on digg and have your friends dig the same thing. Simply doing a request is inadequate unless it is paired with a great, established digg profile with lots of friends. The way digg is setup allows a digg member who has a good rep and tons of friends to do almost anything he wants in terms of getting something out there.

with exchanges you get 1:1 ratio of diggs where as with a good friend network you can have exponential diggs spraying out to a ridiculous amount of people

Last edited by addaminsane : 09-21-2007 at 03:26 PM.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:07 PM
Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
Has anyone here actually managed to get a page about poker to do well in Digg yet? Or any other gambling-related topic?

My experience has been that it's an almost useless attempt, but if someone had a success, I'd love to see it.
Poker-king, frontpage digg right now #5 in the hot top10, AP fiasco. 1622 diggs
Old 10-18-2007, 11:24 AM
Members

Yep, that's a story that should make the front page. Congrats to Poker King.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:46 AM
Members

Yep, he hit the sweet spot on that one!
Perfect timing & a little sensationalism.
1500+ diggs in a couple hours is impressive.

Its pretty rare though, like you said